RTW >Consulting Services > Plum Creek Wastewater
Plum Creek Wastewater Masterplan & Treatment Plant #1 Expansion
Tetra Tech RTW prepared a wastewater masterplan for Plum Creek Wastewater Authority (PCWA) that encompassed system capacity needs and growth projections, effluent reuse program, wastewater treatment plant site improvements, biosolids management, and a CPE of PCWA's two wastewater treatment plants.
As a result, PCWA's Plant #1 was expanded from 1.45 mgd to 3.55 mgd and included the following improvements:
- Activated sludge system converted to a nitrifying activated sludge system using four treatment basins,
- Gravity belt thickener installed for biosolids thickening to 5%,
- Aerobic digester capacity increased through conversions of existing treatment basins,
- Two sludge storage lagoons added for aerated biosolids storage for at least 96 days,
- Sodium hypochlorite disinfection added,
- RAS pumping system modified and added new pumps and blower capacity,
- Influent pumping capacity, automated screenings conveyor system, and barscreen bypass channel added to plant headworks,
- Implemented a plant SCADA system using Intellution FIX DMACS software.