RTW >Consulting Services > City of Louisville Wastewater Treatment Plant
City of Louisville Wastewater Treatment Plant Evaluation & Expansion
Tetra Tech RTW performed predesign of the aerobic digester, aeration system, and blowers and evaluated replacement of the existing RAS pumps with new larger pumps. The project involved design of a fine-bubble air-diffuser system, rebuild of the existing blowers, and removal of two blowers to replace with a new one.
Tetra Tech RTW completed a CPE and prepared a site application for expansion of this facility to 4.2 mgd. We performed design and construction management for the project, which involved the following improvements:
- Adding two new 80'-diameter clarifiers
- Converting an existing clarifier to an aeration basin with fine-bubble diffusers
- Adding a new RAS/WAS pump station
- Thickening WAS in a new RAS/WAS building with a drum thickener
- Converting the existing digester/thickener to all digester with fine-bubble diffusers
- Adding a third blower
- Retrofitting the existing contact basin with a UV disinfection system (keeping the chlorination system for reuse water)
- Adding an emergency generator
- Adding a 1,000-sf office and administration building.